Autumn School of Public Health 2017
Between 14th and 15th November 2017, the Autumn School of Public Health with the title "Community Approach for Health Promotion and Reduction of Health Inequalities in Local Communities" was held at the Health Resort Radenci.
The event was organized by the Centre for Health and Development Murska Sobota in cooperation with the National Institute of Public Health (NIJZ). The event was co-financed by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Slovenia (MZ) in the framework of the project "Capacity building for cross-sectoral action in the field of health determinants and investment in health for reducing inequality 2017-2019".
The aim of the Autumn School of Public Health 2017 is to present to participants the concept of a community approach to health promotion and the reduction of health inequalities in local communities. The lecturers presented the historical, theoretical and practical aspect of the community approach, while in moderated workshops participants could go through a simulated process of preparing an action plan to address the real needs and challenges that they face in their (local) environment.
On Tuesday, five professional lectures were held:
- "Presentation of operations "Upgrading and development of preventive programmes and their implementation in primary health care and local communities" and "Model community approach for health promotion and reduction of health inequalities in local communities" by assistant Sanja Vrbovšek, MSc, BSc, National Institute of Public Health
- "Value bases and understanding of the community approach - interactive work with participants" by prof. dr. Majda Pahor, BA, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Medicine
- "Presentation of the usefulness of the manual "Community approach to health" for participants" by dr. Majda Pahor, BA, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Medicine
- "Research work and community approach" by doc. dr. Jerneja Farkaš-Lainščak, Ph.D. Med., General Hospital Murska Sobota and National Institute of Public Health
- "Community approach in the local environment and reduction of inequalities in health" by Tatjana Buzeti, Director-General of the Directorate for Long-Term Care, Ministry of Health of the Republic of Slovenia
After the lectures, we went to take a look at good examples in the local area. We visited the Turnišče Exercise and Educational Centre, where we trained with the sports pedagogues from the Sport Society IZZIV Pomurje. Then we visited the Kolenik Mill in Gornja Bistrica, where we examined the process of processing organic grain from the grain to the shelf. We had dinner at Restaurant Tonček in Beltinci with some local dishes from the Pomurje region.
On Wednesday, the participants were divided into groups by region for some practical work. Three practical exercises were carried out: Needs analysis and their prioritization, Preparation of an action plan and Creation of a stakeholder map for the establishment of a partnership. This was followed by presentations of the results and the conclusion of the Autumn School of Public Health 2017.
- Program Jesenske šole JZ Radenci 2017.pdf (714.4 KiB)
- Sanja Vrbovsek Rade Pribakovic Brinovec Predstavitev operacij.pdf (903.8 KiB)
- Majda Pahor: Predstavitev prirocnika Zdrava skupnost.pdf (572.6 KiB)
- Majda Pahor: Vrednostne osnove in razumevanje skupnostnega pristopa.pdf (121.0 KiB)
- Tatjana Buzeti: Skupnostni pristop v lokalnem okolju in zmanjsevanje neenakosti v zdravju.pdf (2.3 MiB)
- Jerneja Farkas-Lainscak: Raziskovalno delo in skupnostni pristop.pdf (5.9 MiB)
- Jesenska šola javnega zdravja 2017.pdf (646.9 KiB)